Pitbulls are a very special kind of dog breeds. If they weren’t trained and disciplined well when they were still puppies, they can end up growing to be a vicious, scary dog in the future. A mature pitbulls personality will depend on how they were raised, just like humans. Pitbulls are not good guard dogs since they love their owners so much that they can hurt anyone who threatens them.
Depending on how these puppies are raised, some are trained for fighting and some can be very timid and sweet. According to a Dog Blogger, research show that pitbulls are more aggressive towards people than they can be towards other dogs. Even though how sweet they can be towards their owners, they are advised to watch their pit bulls closely when mixed with other pet animals.
The Puppy Care Tips
When you have a pitbull puppy, you must understand how to care and train them properly. How they are trained when they were young will reflect on how they would be when they are mature.
- This is one of the most important tasks to do regularly when you want your community to love your dog. By socializing it means you bring your puppy for a walk, so the puppy can play with other dogs and humans. Expose the puppy to this environment for it to grow accustomed to other people and other dogs.
- Train the Puppy. When you start them young, it would be easy for them to be obedient to commands when they grow. You can train them to react on certain words to stop them when they are misbehaving. When training the pitbull puppy, use positive reinforcements. Pit Bulls are intelligent breeds. They can sense your feelings and may develop negative feelings towards humans when not trained the right way.
- Complete the Vaccination. Vaccinations are important especially when they are puppies to combat diseases. They usually start at 8 weeks old then a booster will follow every 3 to 4 weeks. Any further recommended vaccinations should be followed to keep your dog healthy.
- Exercise Regularly. Pit Bulls are strong breeds especially when they are adults. As early as possible, start your puppy with regular exercise to prepare the muscles to support their huge frame when they grow up. When the dogs are exercising regularly, they do not only burn fat but also burn off their excess energy.
- Mental Stimulation. When dogs are bored they will start to do everything to get their owner’s attention. This can turn out to be a very bad habit since they can end up destroying furniture. To prevent this, you can use tools to keep them busy. A toy that can be mentally stimulation would be good for them.
- Small Frequent Meals. Puppies will still have a hard time digesting big meals. It is advised for them to have 5 small frequent meals with meat as the first ingredient.
Pitbull puppies deserve the love from their owners while they are still young. This will help them develop a strong relationship towards their humans. How the pitbull behaves when they are adults will always reflect on how their owners trained them when they were younger.